‘My Family Guide & Preferences’ is a free book for you to download and complete at your leisure, it is designed to guide and help your loved ones in the event of:
- Your Death or losing your mental Capacity or you having to go into Care
- Needing to locate your important documents and understand your financial affairs, and what you own.
- Needing to know about your wishes and what to do in the first 5 days of your passing.
- Your surviving spouse or partner (where appropriate) needing to understand their financial position when you cannot deal with the finances any more.
- The guide will help your executors to understand the certain legal matters and structures that need to be followed.
- The guide will help your attorneys, nurses, carers, the social services and your doctors in making decisions about your future wellbeing.
Now is the time to do this
Unfortunately, there are all kinds of illnesses and eventualities that could occur in our lives at any time that could render us incapable of making sensible decisions, especially the period leading up to our deaths.
Think ahead now while you can, this action will help those people that you leave behind and care about the most.
By completing this guide, you could help to avoid the following:
- Your loved ones from the feelings of guilt and doubt that often comes when having to make difficult decisions on your behalf
- The number of family disagreements and arguments
- Being unable to find your important papers and information when needed
- Your personal details, and what you own and who should receive your treasured items and when, where to locate important and valuable papers
- Knowing your likes and dislikes, and how you wish to be treated should you be unfortunate enough to lack mental or physical capacity in the future
- This guide does not replace the need for a Will or Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Be careful where you store this document once it has been completed due to the nature of the information that you have entered into it, such as PIN numbers, login details and other very personal information. Only inform those people that you trust implicitly as to the guide’s existence and its whereabouts.
- Note that references to organisations, addresses, telephone numbers and other information were correct at the time of inclusion.
- After printing the guide, remember someone needs to read it, if your handwriting is as good as mine then try writing in block capitals.
- While in the process of completing the guide, tidy up your papers and documents, shred those that are no longer of use, and at the same time, store them in a suitable filing system. This action will make everyone’s task that much easier, including your own.
- Take your time, try and enjoy the task and think of the help you are giving to those that you leave behind.
Stephen James Drury
For further information or assistance, you can contact us by:
Telephone: S J Drury and Associates on 01529 306005